From 2012 students studying a Year 10 (Stage 5) program will be able to complete a Record of School Achievement (ROSA). This has replaced the old School Certificate course.
Unique features of studying at Bankstown Senior College include:
- Students in Year 10 can study up to two early Stage 6 vocational based courses. Successful completion of these courses may allow a student to complete Year 11 requirements in Year 10 giving them a head start in Year 11.
- Studies will be timetabled over 4 days (Monday to Thursday).
- Every student will be supported in their studies with the provision of a student support module unique to Bankstown Senior College.
- The College has industry standard training facilities that are the best available in any school in the region.
- Staff are trained in educating and supporting students in the senior secondary years of schooling.
- Students are not required to wear school uniforms but should be appropriately dressed for vocational courses and activities programmed outside the College.
- Class sizes are smaller.
On enrolment it is assumed that you have completed high school to a Year 9 level. Mandatory course requirements for LOTE, Music, TAS and Visual Arts have been met by this educational standard.
All students enrolling will be required to sit for a literacy / numeracy task
The complete information about Year 10 can be read at Year 10 ROSA (doc 250 KB).