Mid Year Preparation
Mid Year Preparation Course
BSC offers a mid-year intake for its Preparation Programs into CGVE or Year 11. The details are as follows:
The purpose of the preparation program includes:
- To offer an opportunity to students to remain in education and build self-esteem so at to continue with further education (School Certificate; Higher School Certificate; TAFE) or employment.
- To improve overall retention rates.
- At-risk of not completing a Year 10 or Year 11 course for a variety of reasons (low attendance; not fulfilling BOS; unhappy with conventional schooling; etc.)
- Students whose English language development to complete course work is hindering progress or
- would like more studies in the English Language before resuming their CGVE or HSC courses.
Preparation courses include:
- Statement of Attainment in General and Vocational Education (CGVE) This program prepares students to enter the Year 10 Certificate II in General and Vocational Education or Year 11 Preliminary in 2011. The Certificate II in General and Vocational Education is the TAFE equivalent to The DET School Certificate
- English for Study. This program is based on the Certificate of Spoken and English, Levels I to III and aims to improve English Language ability in preparation for Year 10 or Year 11 Preliminary.
Courses commence in Term 3 of every school year.
Please call our Enrolment Officer Miss Cathy on (02) 9707 3288 for further information.