English as a Second Language
- ESL English is has strict entry requirements.
- This subject is a comprehensive study of English and texts in order to assist students to express themselves effectively and to appreciate the English language as a means of communication so as to improve their lives socially, vocationally and academically.
- ESL English is an ATAR subject and counts towards a student's eligibility for university.
Entry Requirements for ESL English:
- Student has used English as the language of instruction for five years or less.
- Student has been educated overseas.
- Student with an interrupted education
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander students from Indigenous communities where standard English is not the language of the local community.
If you are not sure if you qualify, then you need to speak to the school.